Christian Refugee Relief
Chairman Larry Mader Life Programs
Help save persecuted and at-risk Christians facing genocide all over the world, particularly in the Middle East. Knights of Columbus are called to bring awareness and support to those who have suﬀered for their faith through various parish-based programs and fundraisers.
Christians are at risk in areas all around the globe. The Knights of Columbus responded with the Christian Refugee Relief Fund, which has provided humanitarian assistance, primarily in Iraq, Syria, and the surrounding region. Councils will aid this cause by collaborating with their parishes to spread awareness and raise funds to help these Christians and those in their care. In particular, councils are encouraged to utilize Solidarity Crosses as a fundraiser and prayer campaign in their parishes.
Chairman Role and Responsibilities
• Work with your pastor and council to plan and carry out a fundraising and awareness campaign to benefit Christians at risk.
• Ensure that all funds are submitted to the Christian Refugee Relief Fund.
• Complete and submit all associated reporting forms to the Supreme Council Department of Fraternal Mission.
1. Working with your pastor, obtain his recommendations on conducting fundraising and awareness eﬀorts to benefit Christian refugees.
2. Set an annual goal for the council to raise for the Christian Refugee Relief Fund.
3. Order the Christian Refugee Relief Kit through Supplies Online, the supply ordering portal available on Oﬃcers Online.
4. Prior to each event, use the sample press release as a model to create and distribute a tailored release to local media.
5. Build public interest for your program! Promote each event in your parish and larger community through a variety of eﬀorts:
• Prominently display promotional posters (found in the Christian Refugee Relief Kit)
• Bulletin announcements
• Pulpit announcements
• Posting on your council and parish website / social media pages
6. On the day of each event, wear Knights of Columbus-branded apparel and have the council membership director set up a table with brochures and membership documents (including Prospect Cards#921A). Do not forget that this event is a recruiting opportunity!
7. Enlist a fellow Knight or community member to photograph your events.
8. Once you have reached your goal, submit the funds to the Christian Refugee Relief Fund here: www.christiansatrisk.org
9. To gain credit for your program, complete the associated reporting forms and submit them to the Supreme Council Department of Fraternal Mission. Remember to retain copies for your council records.