Building the Domestic Church Kiosk
Chairman Dennis Cummings Faith Programs
Help strengthen the domestic church (our families) by providing exceptional religious education materials to all Catholics. Building the Domestic Church Kiosks(#BDC-K) contain engaging, faith-based literature and are available for councils to distribute to members, parishioners, and the general public.
By organizing activities in their parishes, councils will educate and evangelize using the rich resources found in the Catholic Information Service (CIS) Building the Domestic Church series of booklets.
Since 1948, CIS has been the major evangelical arm of the Knights of Columbus. Through multiple booklet series and various media formats, CIS makes our Catholic faith accessible and continually provides tools for catechesis and faith formation. For $150, councils will receive a Building the Domestic Church Kiosk(#BDC-K) and the first set of 225 booklets of the most popular CIS resources, aimed at helping Catholics to live out the Church’s vision for our families.
Chairman Role and Responsibilities
• Consult with your pastor to determine the viability of and potential location for a Building the Domestic Church Kiosk(#BDC-K).
• Order the initial Building the Domestic Church Kiosk(#BDC-K) set and additional booklets, as needed (#BDC-R).
• Spearhead communication eﬀorts to promote the booklets and their distribution.
• In collaboration with your parish faith formation minister, plan and assist in leading activities that utilize and distribute the CIS materials.
• Complete and submit all associated reporting forms to the Supreme Council Department of Fraternal Mission.
1. Working with your pastor, obtain his permission and recommendations on placing a Building the Domestic Church Kiosk(#BDC-K) in a prominent location in your parish hall or the vestibule / narthex of the Church.
2. Order the Building the Domestic Church Kiosk(#BDC-K) through Supplies Online, the supply ordering portal available on Oﬃcers Online. The Building the Domestic Church Kiosk(#BDC-K) is available to councils in the U.S. and Canada for $150.00 USD (including shipping) and comes with 225 booklets and the kiosk.
3. Assign a council member to be responsible for receiving and setting up the kiosk. Replenish the booklets when supplies are low by order Building the Domestic Church Kiosk Refill(#BDC-R) through Supplies Online, the supply ordering portal available on Oﬃcers Online. (You may want to speak to your pastor about collaborating with the parish for future booklets orders, since councils can purchase booklets in bulk at a reduced rate.)
1. In collaboration with your parish faith formation leader, plan activities to promote the materials in the Building the Domestic Church Kiosk(#BDC-K). Have council members assist in the teaching events associated with the booklets and/or lead one or more of the faith-based groups/activities. Potential programs where the booklets can be used include:
• Adults studying to enter the Catholic faith
• Continuing education
• Men’s groups
• Family ministries
• Parish retreats
• Evenings of reflection
• Youth Ministry programs
• Council membership formation
• Active booklet distributions after Mass
2. Build public interest for the program! Promote the Building the Domestic Church Kiosk(#BDC-K) and activities associated with it in your parish and larger community through a variety of eﬀorts:
• Prominently display promotional posters (which can be ordered through Supplies Online)
• Bulletin announcements
• Pulpit announcements
• Posting on your council and parish website / social media pages 3. To gain credit for your program, complete the associated reporting forms and submit them to the Supreme Council Department of Fraternal Mission. Remember to retain copies for your council records.