4th Degree Exemplification Cancellation Notice
Message from District Master Brad Jacobs posted on March 18th, 2020.
It is with a heavy heart that I am emailing you this news. Due to the recent developments with the COVID-19 pandemic and with the recent correspondence received from the Supreme office, I am cancelling our Spring Exemplification for the first time in history. Never in our wildest dreams would we have imagined the situation we currently find ourselves in. I had a good number of registrations and new candidates but as we all know, everyone’s safety and following the guidelines laid out are of paramount importance.
A few things to note regarding this development:
• I will be emailing all the Assemblies regarding this development.
• For those who reserved rooms at Chase and have had money deposited for that, Chase will be crediting back all of the money to the card that was used in a very short time.
• I have all of the checks of those who have registered and I will just destroy them and they can void them in their checkbooks.
• I have checked with the local Assembly and with Chase on the Lake and we will be rolling everything over to next year so the Spring Exemplification next year will be on the weekend of April 17th with SJP II hosting.
• I will be indicating to all the Assemblies that if they have nominations for the position of District Master that they submit those by April 12th. That will allow me time to get the nominees the information they need to prepare for submission to Supreme and get that back to me in a timely manner.
• I will be sending all of the reports from our various charities along with my Exemplification cancellation letter so that everyone can share with their Assemblies the current status of the charities.
• I will be lining up dates with the various Assemblies who have attained awards over the past year to personally present them at one of their Assembly meetings
• We will be presenting the Hall of Fame awards for this year at our Fall Exemplification in New Ulm.
• Several other proposed items of business for our biannual meeting will wait until our next biannual meeting.
I thank you all for your support of Marie and I these past 2 years. It’s been beyond challenging and having the support and prayers of all of you have really made a big difference. Please continue to pray for the order and for the 4th degree. As our membership ages we are in desperate need of new membership to fill all of the requests for honor guards and the like for our Bishops, priests and clergy.
District of MN
H: (763) 477-4410
C: (763) 355-4312